Basically, Mutton and Lamb dishes are a delicious treat to any non-vegetarian food lover. The basic roasted leg of lamb as well as exotic dishes - all of them are just irresistible. The cooking techniques and ingredients are different in different dishes that are responsible for their unique taste.
There are various mutton curry recipes that are cooked in the whole world. In Kashmiri cuisine, the most notable ingredient is mutton. It is associated with over 30 varieties as well as it has been strongly influenced by the cuisines of
Some Tips for Cooking Mutton
- Most of the mutton curries require slow cooking as well as on low heat in order to maintain its juices, wetness, and tenderness. Meet require
tovery first cooked (above high temperature) in order to seal juices after which has cooked on low heat until becomes soft.
- Salt is an important factor for cooking meat. Don’t include salt to the meat before its cooking. Salt takes out the juices from the meat as well as
preventsbrowning. Salt should be added in the middle of the cooking.
- Younger animal’s mutton is soft as well as is more enjoyable. It is associated with pink
colour, gentle texture, and firm. If it looks red and wrinkled, then it will be hard.
Mutton recipes can perfectly go with mutton
- Mutton Rogan Josh: It is a delicious recipe from the Kashmiri cuisine that can be distinguished by its
aromatic, thick, flavourfulred sauce as well as tender meat. The particular dish is traditionally associated with the lamb or goat meat that should be slow cooked in a mix of yogurt as well as a balance of many flavourfulspices. It is a hugely popular dish and since Kashmiri chilliesare not easily available, there are various versions has been introduced where tomatoes, saffron, and other types of chilliesor paprika is used in order to achieve the red colourof Rogan Josh. It is best paired with freshly baked naan or basmati rice.
- Mutton Sambar: It is an awesome dish that made with a number of mutton pieces with bones, spices, and channa dal. These all together give this recipe a wholesome texture and taste. Sambar is a popular traditional and very common South Indian dish that is prepared with various vegetables. The Mutton Sambar is a very common to the dish, namely Mutton Dalcha (a very popular dish from the Hyderabadi cuisine). This is an amazing
aromatic, fantastic, and appetizing dish that goes well with fried rice, biryani, plain rice, chapatti, naan or roti.
Yogurt gravy is one of the most compatible companions of mutton dishes, so it is preferred in most of the mutton dishes. Mutton Rara, Mutton Fry, Mutton Biryani, Gongura Mutton, Meat Durbari, Keema Mattar, Lal Maas, Harissa are some other popular mutton dishes.
Published by sandeep Malik