So we all have those days where we just feel awful. We don’t want to do anything or see anyone and sometimes we really just hate ourselves. So I thought I’d share with you some of the things I do on these days to perk myself up.
- Makeup and hair – sounds so simple but when I’m having a bad day the simple act of putting my face on even if I don’t have to leave the house makes me feel less sluggish and gives me a bit of self confidence. It also means you can take some awesome selfies for Instagram!
- Build a blanket fort I got this idea from Octobers buddy box and whilst so simple is genius so get some duvets and cushions make a fort and hide in it.
- Binge watch TV in bed all day – sometimes it is OK to give in to these feelings just don’t make a habit of it.
- Have a bath
- Talk to a friend or family member
- Light a candle and just chill – we all have those moments sometime even days when that awful feeling makes us not want to do anything so just light a candle or put on some music and just lie there.
- Make a to do list for when you are feeling better – when I am having a bad day my mind fills up with all the things I should have been doing so writing them all down so I don’T forget helps to clear my head and just focus on me for a while.
- Practice mindfulness – Frantic World have the best free meditations in my opinion and even have a chocolate one if your in a more fun loving mood.
Do you have any top self care ideas? Let me know in the comments below!
Published by Sarah Durrant