This article has one goal – to help you migrate Google Workspace calendar to Office 365. It breaks the process into two steps and gives you proper instructions to easily move your calendars to M365 account.
If you are the Administrator, you only need to share this article with the account users and they will handle the entire process without any issues. Of course, if you need a platform to easily migrate all the calendars data of all users in one go, we have it covered here as well.
Without further ado, let us start.
2 Steps to Migrate Google Workspace Calendar to Office 365
Yup, there are only 2 steps:
- Export Calendars from Google Workspace
- Import Calendars to Microsoft Office 365
These are explained below.
#1 Export Calendars from Google Workspace
1. First, sign in to your Google Workspace account.
2. Open the Calendar app.
3. Now, click on the Gear button on the screen and select the Settings option.
4. Then, click on Export button to export all the calendars in a ZIP file.
5. You will get the progress notification.
6. To export only selective calendar, you can click on the calendar name within the Settings for my calendars section and Export from here.
7. The browser will download the file on your system.
8. If you have the ZIP file, decompress it to get all the calendars in ICS format.
#2 Import Calendars to Microsoft Office 365
We already have the ICS calendar files of Google Workspace. Now, it’s time to import it in MS 365.
1. Log in to your Microsoft 365 account and open the Calendar app.
2. Click on Add Calendar option.
3. Click on the Upload from file option.
4. Hit the Browse button.
5. Select the Google Workspace ICS calendar and click the Open button.
6. Select where you wish to import the calendar events and tasks.
7. Finally, click the Import button.
8. You will get a notification to confirm the import process.
That’s it. Close the upload window and all your calendar items are now imported to Office 365.
For Bulk Migration from All/Selective Google Workspace User Accounts
This method uses an end-to-end encrypted professional tool i.e., SysTools Migrator to migrate Google Workspace to Microsoft 365. It gives you the option to migrate all/selective data:
We will be showing you the brief process of migrating Google Workspace calendar to Office 365 for all user accounts in one go.
1. Complete the pre-requisites and activate the tool.
2. Select source and destination platform as shown in the figure.
3. Then, scroll down and select Calendar from the workload selection.
4. Apply filters if necessary and click on the Next button.
5. Enter the required Google Workspace details, verify the permissions, and click Next.
6. Enter the required Office 365 details, verify the permissions, and click Next.
7. Click Fetch users to automatically fetch the names of all Google Workspace user accounts.
8. Select the accounts from which you will move the calendars.
9. Finally, click the Start Migration button and proceed to start the migration process.
10. At long last, you can download the progress report. Congratulations, all the calendars are successfully migrated from selected Google Workspace accounts to Office 365.
We looked at the simple yet effective steps to migrate Google Workspace calendar to Office 365 on your own. We then also addressed the situation where the administrator wishes to move complete calendar data from all/selective user accounts. Hopefully, after this, calendar migration will be a breeze for you.
Published by Stephen Renald