Wheatgrass is a nutrient powerhouse, but getting this green gold into our bodies is not always easy. Sometimes finding a good juicer or juicing wheatgrass at home is either too expensive or a hassle during a busy week. It is so worth it! If you can't always swing taking the time to juice fresh wheatgrass consider opting in for a powdered version you can dump into your smoothie, juice, or plain if your feeling like a true health warrior. Here are 20 reasons to stay the course.
1. Chlorophyll, wheatgrass contains up to 70%, is antibacterial and can be used inside and outside the body as a natural healer.
2. Chlorophyll is a great blood builder. Chlorophyll molecules contain magnesium at it's central atom and the hemin molecule contains iron-true supporters to our vascular systems.
3. Wheatgrass contains multitudes of minerals depending on the variety, vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, I, and K.
4. Wheat grass is full of protein and contains 17 amino acids (the building blocks of protein).
5. The Chlorophyll in wheatgrass contains enzymes and super-oxide dismutase, a protein containing copper found in mature blood cells. This enzyme has the power to decompose the super-oxide radicals inside the body into a more manageable form. This ultimately helps to slow the aging process.
6. Liquid chlorophyll helps to stop the growth of unfriendly bacteria in the body and gut.
7. Chlorophyll from wheatgrass is superior to other plants because it has been found to contain over 100 elements needed by the human body. Especially when we grow wheatgrass in organic soil it is able to absorb up to 92 of the 115 minerals soil contains.
8. Liquid chlorophyll can get into the tissues of the body and provide renewal and refinement to the tissues.
9. Wheatgrass juice can help to dissolve scarring in the lungs that form from breathing in acidic gasses. The effects of carbon monoxide are minimized because chlorophyll helps to increase hemoglobin production in the body.
10. Chlorophyll helps to detox the liver, neutralizes toxins in the body, washes drug deposits from our systems.
11. The wheat berry is stored energy-when converted to simpler sugars is a quick energy source. Great for athletes! Because it can be assimilated into the body in 20 minutes or less and because it is in a juice form it causes little energy use to extract the nutrients.
12. The high amount of magnesium in chlorophyll helps to build enzymes inside the body that have the ability to restore sex hormones. HAY.
13. It can help to prevent tooth decay because of the contribution of minerals, as well as chlorophyll's natural deodorizing affect.
14. It improves digestion! Think magnesium concentration.
15. It helps with high blood pressure and helps to enhance the capillaries.
Published by Susan Caputo (nutritionchics)