As aluminium sliding doors are gaining popularity nowadays, incorporating them in your interior design is wise due to their beauty, practical design, and functionality.
So, if you plan to renovate your home or office and want to know the advantages of the aluminium sliding doors and how to install them, we have the information here for you.
What makes aluminium the ideal frame for sliding doors?
Aluminium comes in versatile materials, colours, and designs which is crucial to any décor, as well as upgrading the whole look of the house.
Other components making it an exquisite choice for the outdoors and indoors alike are its strength and durability, topping all other materials from wood, vinyl, or fibreglass frame. It has been proven to be resistant to damage, withstanding all types of weather conditions.
Aluminium is also recyclable and requires low maintenance.
Now, check below what other benefits to look out for when installing an aluminium sliding door.
Why install an aluminium sliding door in your home or office?
Installing an aluminium sliding door instantly gives your home an aesthetic sleek and elegant look that goes with any kind of architectural style.
Here is why selecting an aluminium sliding door is a winning option:
- Energy-efficient: If you wish to install an aluminium sliding door, then know that it works as a great thermal insulator, keeping the house at a moderate temperature, cool in summer and warm in winter, and works as a weather barrier.
- Allows natural light: Given that sliding doors typically include big panes of glass from top to bottom of the door, all the natural light comes in, you get to have a great view of the outside and a spacious look of the room.
- Safe and secure: Aluminium frames coupled with shatterproof glass make sliding doors extremely safe. In addition, gaskets, fixed leaves, and aluminium seals are incorporated to add extra security.
- Space-saving and ease of access: Without traditional hinges and the need for space to swing the door open, plenty of space is saved for limited rooms. Due to their rails to gliding, sliding doors can be easily pushed open.
How to install an aluminium sliding door?
Depending on the aluminium sliding door model, some steps may differ. The process listed below may not be that simple, so it could be better to contact a specialist to avoid complications.
To begin with, you will need the following tools and materials:
- Power drill
- Screws and Nails
- Tape Measure
- A helping hand
Let’s now find out the steps to take if you decide to install an aluminium sliding door by yourself:
- Measure the frame before buying the sliding door to verify if it fits or not.
- Ensure all sides are levelled prior to installing.
- Read the instructions that come with the door to know the measurements for the track and wheels.
- Mark where the track of the new aluminium sliding door should go on both sides of the centre of the door.
- Attach the track to the door frame using a drill and screws.
- In case the door runs on wheels, measure carefully and then attach them first to the door before placing it on the track. Keep the wheels loose until the door is placed on the track.
- With the help of your companion, lift and place the upper part of the new sliding door first on the tracks.
- Make sure the sliding door runs smoothly. Next, adjust the screws of the rollers and fix any problems.
- Install remaining hardware from stoppers to handles.
Aluminium sliding doors in Sydney can turn out to be the best choice for your space. If you are looking to install an aluminium sliding door, make sure to contact an aluminium door contractor in Sydney to ensure prompt service, experience, quality, and infrequent repairs.
Transform your spaces into inequivalent excellence by talking to the expert team at one of Sydney’s finest aluminium manufacturers and producers.
Published by Symond Jones