What’s your backstory?
I am an entrepreneur at heart. I love launching and scaling businesses. My main focus is Parcon, but I have also worked with my team to create and launch our own brands such as Bota Hemp and Matic Reach.
Before launching Parcon, I spent time as the Digital Strategist for a full service marketing and advertising agency where I worked with clients in many sectors including food and beverage, apparel and telco. Prior to that, I was also the CMO of tech and entertainment industry startups. My professional journey prior to my marketing and media career, included time as an executive in the real estate investment banking, medical devices and construction equipment industries. I always say there are very few industries that I have not touched in some way. I am passionate about scaling companies that are sustainable or sellable.
I am a former college athlete (I was a left handed pitcher at William & Mary) and naturally competitive. This means I spend my days (and nights) solving complex problems and finding strategic asymmetries to beat the competition. Every morning (and sometimes evenings) this means practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
What are your “5 things I wish someone told me when I first started”?
1. It is harder than you think. (Someone probably told me this, but clearly, I wasn’t listening.)
2. There isn’t as much time in the day as you think. Use your time wisely.
3. Action and activity are not the same thing.
4. Don’t say yes to every opportunity – saying no is powerful.
5. Do not let your physical health suffer while building a company.
Published by will Ent