Be it planning your kitchen design for a new or redesigning your existing one, it is important to consider a few things to make your kitchen’s dream a reality. Careful planning will ensure you have an elegant kitchen with highly functional kitchen design. One of the most important things to plan carefully is the kitchen design layout. An efficient layout ensures that the shelves are not too high, the need to shop for getting items is low, and very important ingredient is easily within reach. For this, the stove, the sink, and the refrigerator should be arranged in such a way that you can easily move between the three of them. This improves productivity and ensures your food preparation with minimal unnecessary movement around the kitchen.
People coming into the kitchen also do not end up disrupting your cooking. It is important to note that there is no ideal layout shape. You can plan for the oven to be close to your primary working area as well as a comfortable height, depending on your needs. Remember, the idea is to maximize efficiency –more results with a lot of lesser effort! Another important part of the kitchen design is enough space for storage – deep drawers; tall overhead cabinets that maximize space use, large cupboards, et al. Common items that you use together should be placed in the same storage space. Frequently used ones should be the easiest to reach, avoiding the need to bend down. More storage makes the kitchen design look professional, elegant and helps to keep everything organized and clutter-free. The cleaner, the better!
Things To Keep In Mind To Start Off With Your Kitchen Design:
Here are some small tips for a beautiful kitchen design that you can focus on:
- The Little Things: Things like enough space for power source fitting requirements, enough lighting so you can work comfortably, and keeping items in safe locations to reduce the risk of accidents are all things to be taken care of. The knives should be safely out of reach of children. A great idea would be to place them on a magnetic strip, so they do not fall and hurt someone. After all, the little things together make a bigger difference!
- Recycling: The cabinet should have separate containers for glass, plastic, and metal, so that recycling is easier. The bins can be easily hidden in the layout, instead of a garbage container at a corner of the kitchen. It will reduce your efforts and help the environment!
- Flooring: Flooring is an important component of kitchen design since it determines the friction on your feet. High friction for slip-resistance, and minimal maintenance should be your factors for deciding the right flooring material. Stone flooring might be porous but needs maintenance. Hardwood floors, on the other hand, are beautiful but wear out quicker. Stone flooring is the most popular choice, usually.
- Cleaning: Good kitchen design means a kitchen that is easy to clean and maintain. Consider matte finishes and glass shelves for reducing cleaning time.
- Multifunctional Kitchen: The kitchen can easily be made multifunctional, since cooking does not have to be just an individual’s task. Instead of confining the purpose of the kitchen to solely cooking, intelligent kitchen design would be having something called a kitchen island with appropriate seating. People could relax there and socialize with the host as well. The island should allow enough area for kitchen walkways. At the same time, it can be for both cooking and eating as well. You could install electrical outlets too.
These tips, if followed well, will get you a great kitchen design that you can easily implement in your kitchen!
Published by Zac Ferry