"Artists are fiery, they do not weep"
-Ludwig Von Beethoven
Hello my lovelies!
Despite the fact that I've lost my voice and look like an extra for "The Walking Dead", I somehow managed to come up with this color combo late at night. I was casually looking at swatches for palettes I own, (this helps me visualize color combos) and after seeing the swatches for the Jeffree Star Androgyny palette, this color scheme dawned on me.
At the same time though, this did make me think a lot about the concept of intellectual property within the beauty world. At this point, there really isn't a look or technique that hasn't been created or explored by makeup artists, and while I do believe in proper credit being given to looks that I am inspired by or trying to recreate, it's not realistic for me to sit here and attempt to find something similar to this look I created, just so I can say that I didn't somehow steal the idea. I'm positive that someone has done something like this before. I'm positive I'm not the first. But I'm also positive that I came up with this concept in my own head, because I do have really cool ideas on occasion.
This is all to say, I love the concept of crediting artists for inspiration or recreations when that is the intent, but this also can't get to the point where someone expects credit every time a content creator posts a brown smokey eye. Intellectual property cannot be formally owned, and to some degree, as artists, we have to learn to accept that people are going to have similar, sometimes even exact independent thoughts from us that contain the same ideas.
With all of that being said, I'm really proud of what I came up with here. I try to post every day looks as often as possible for you guys, but this type of artistry is what I love the most. I love putting together risky color combinations, or trying something that could've easily been a disaster. I want to keep my every day posts coming, but I also know that I want to incorporate more of my fun, interesting looks from this point forward, because I genuinely feel that these showcase what I have to offer as a content creator.
Le'ts get started:
[caption id="attachment_6476" align="aligncenter" width="550"] Photo via Beautybay[/caption]
- Prime and set the eyes with a powder or shadow that best matches your skin tone.
- Warm up the crease with "Charm". The blue will end up covering this for the most part, but I still find that this helps with the application process.
- Mixing "Poison" and "Swallow", begin by packing the majority of the pigment onto the outer corner. From there, blend the rest of the shadow into a "C" shape, into and above the crease. Stop the blue just before the inner corner.
- The goal is to keep the blending as tight and neat as possible from the actual eyelid, but if you do manage to get some blue around there, just take a concealer of your choice and clean it up. You don't need to cut the crease, it will just help bring out the true color of the lid shadows.
- Wet a flat brush and pack "Deja Vu" across the lid, gently blending toward the outer corner. Extend this shadow as close to the inner corner as possible.
- On the tear duct, pack "Frosting", and then blend together with the blue shadows above the crease. The look of the gold shade arcing between the blue and copper helps make the eyes look a little more interesting an dimensional.
- Mix "Poison" and "Swallow" again, connecting the lashline to the outer corner on the lid. Blend about 3/4 of the way inward.
- Extend "Frosting" from the tear duct to the inner third of the lower lashline, melding with the blue once again.
- Line the waterline with a copper toned eyeliner.
- Curl and coat the lashes with mascara. Apply false lashes if that's your thing.
That's all I have for you guys today. Pleas remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don't forget to have a fantabulous start to your week!
Foundation - Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation "0.5"
Concealer - Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer "Fair"
Under Eye Setting Powder - Maybelline Fit Me Mineral Loose Finishing Powder "05 Fair"
All Over Setting Powder - M.A.C Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation "NC15"
Contour - NARS Blush Duo "Olympia"
Bronzer/Blush - Rimmel London Kate Sculpting Palette "Coral Glow"
Highlight - Smashbox x Casey Holmes Spotlight Palette
Brows - ABH Brow Definer "Chocolate"
Eyeshadow - Jeffree Star Cosmetics Androgyny Palette
Eyeliner - Colourpop Creme Gel Liner "Get Paid"
Mascara - L'oreal Lash Paradise "Blackest Black"
Lips - ABH Lip Gloss "Gilded"
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
Published by Zoey Franzen