Hello my lovelies!
In case you missed it, Philly created a new pride flag to incorporate fellow LGBTQ+ people of color, and naturally I'm all for it. The flag now includes the colors brown and black, so I wanted to include these in my series as well. Furthermore, I tried to create a look that I felt would look good on anyone with a darker complexion, although it might look different than it does on my pale ass.
If you notice that my lashes don't look as stark black as usual, it's because I decided to use a brown mascara to keep with the brown color theme. Obviously, you can use whatever color you feel is best, but I thought the brown mascara tied in really well, and was a little more subtle.
Let's get started:
[caption id="attachment_4445" align="aligncenter" width="446"] Photo via Morphe[/caption]
- Prime the eyelids and set with shadow one, or any other shadow that matches your skin tone best.
- Blend shadow two throughout the entire upper crease in order to help with blending darker colors.
- Distribute shadow three slightly lower into the crease to create definition in the socket.
- Pack shadow four onto the outer corner, blending outward and into the outer half of the crease, as low as possible.
- Place shadow five across the empty space of the eyelid. This will help cover any messy blending, and gives the lid an even brown wash, much like am ombre effect.
- Mix shadows two and three and blend across the entire lashline. The further down you blend, the more hazy and smokey this will be.
- Blend shadow four onto the outer half of the lashline, connecting upper outer corner.
- Pack shadow six onto the tear duct for an added highlight.
- Line the waterline with any brown or bronzey liner.
- Curl and coat your lashes with brown mascara.
That's all I have for you guys today. Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe, it really helps me out. Also don't forget to have a fabulous Wednesday. I will hopefully be posting every day for this series.
Foundation - Clarins Everlasting foundation "103 Ivory", No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation "Calico"
Concealer - Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer "Fair"
Under Eye Setting Powder - Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder
All Over Setting Powder - M.A.C Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation "NC15"
Contour - NARS Blush Duo "Olympia"
Bronzer - Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer "Murumuru"
Blush - Too Faced Love Flush Long-Lasting 16-Hour Blush "Baby Love"
Highlight - Smashbox Spotlight Palette "Blow a Fuse Pearl"
Brows - ABH Brow Definer "Chocolate"
Eyeshadow - Morphe 35O Palette
Eyeliner - Colourpop Creme Gel Liner "Show Me"
Mascara - Benefit Roller Lash Curling and Lifting Mascara "Brown"
Lips - ABH Liquid Lipstick "Ashton"
Disclaimer: I will never edit my pictures in a way that misrepresents my natural weight and body type. Some Links may be affiliate links. All opinions are my own
Published by Zoey Franzen